flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Don't Look Too Good...

Had the 2nd round Borneo Motor interview this afternoon. Things dun look too good... Heard that about 1000 ppl applied, 20 are shortlisted (hehe, i was quite happy when i heard that) but all 20 are invited back for the 2nd round in groups of 5 (feeling abit threatened...) and only 2 are chosen...
Let's checkout the applicants in my group:

1) Keith - NTU bizad grad, majored in marketing (friendly fella, not a good-looking guy, looked abit like a bear, size-wise)
2) Tong Guan - Birmingham Uni engine grad (holding a semi-con job, working for 3 years already....fucker, trying to steal jobs from young school-leavers like me, ok looking, looks old...)
3) Denise - NUS bizad grad, majored in marketing also (not babe, can be seen as the female version of Keith but smaller)
4) Cindy - Never showed up (so now my chance of getting this job is 2 in 19.....)
5) Me - Smelly NUS mech engine grad ( I thought I was the best-looking of the lot, and I am being very very very honest)

So 4 of us were ushered into a room. There was 3 old guys, around 40 plus yrs old, dressed like bigshot directors....then there's the hr lady and an unknown lady. We were to read a passage about a stoopid company, its stoopid toothbrush product and its quarrelling dept managers. We were suppose to place ourselves in the shoes of the President of the stoopid company and decide the probable solution from a list. We were given 5 minutes to rate our choices and later have a 15 minute group discussion about our choices and make a decision collectively... We were encouraged to speakout loud... All this while the 3 big-shots and the 2 ladies are observing us from a table way......

The group discussion was where I felt I messed things up. I was trying to play it cool, to sit back listen to the info and WOW everybody with some smart comments or ideas at strategic vocal bursts. But it didnt work, I think I came across as reserved, quiet and I felt I didn't contribute as much..... Keith was full of shit, just babbling away...nothing much in quality but lots in quantity.... Tong Guan was not bad, assumed the leadership role i think.... Denise was ok, but nothing xtraordinary....As for me, I tried to argue a point, but I dun think I was too convincing....In the end i think the point was picked as the 2nd most probable solution....sigh....

After 15 minutes was up, we were told that we would be informed next week on the outcome. Keith, Tong Guan and me started walking out but I noticed Denise was hanging around outside the room, talking to mechanics....like she know them..... must be trying to suck-up to the 3 big-shots, waiting for them to come out to ambush them for namecards??? KNN... maybe I should have done it too but namecards and followups are not my style and wasn't really appropiate at that time when we were ushered out of the room.....sigh, I dun think my chances are high....well, too bad.....maybe I didn't want the job after all.....

0 Comments: