flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Didn't turn up for Loe's dinner yesterday becos of sleep deprivation. Feeling guilty especially when Loe took the trouble to arrange a B-day get-together for me last Wednesday. I blame it all on Courtney. The toilet in my room couldn't flush and I didn't sleep all night so I could ask Courtney to call the landlady and ask her to call the plumber. The plan was to stay awake, wait for the plumber to come, then sleep the whole afternoon, waking up at 5 or 6pm then go to Loe's dinner. I was waiting for some confirmation from Courtney but she never call back. So around lunchtime I asked her whether she called the landlady. She had the nerve to ask me to call the landlady myself!!! So I had stayed up for nothing!!! I was pissed, damn pissed.... To add to my frustration, the landlady couldn't be contacted and diverted her hp to a pager! She finally called back and gave me the plumber's contact. Then I had to wait for the plumber. Plumber said the flush system is dying and needs to be replaced. So, by the time he left, it was around 5 plus, and I had to be at Orchard at 6! Usually I would have been able to make it, but I was totally feeling like shit yesterday. Totally pissed at Courtney, feeling dizzy, my eyes were hurting bad....decided not to go to the dinner....hoped Loe had a good time at BK....Bro, if you are reading this, sorry again! Belanja you when you get back to Spore...

You might ask how come I didn't call the landlady directly in the first place. Well, Courtney has always been the self-appointed liase between the household and the landlady. Furthermore, Courtney has been keeping accounts for the household so I thought it would save her some trouble if she arrange this herself...

I've learnt that we can never depend on Courtney for any help or favours.....unless she stands to gain from helping....this might be kinda harsh, to malign her...but that's how she is....sigh, when will she change.....

0 Comments: