flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Of Pay Freezes, Donations & Taxes

Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has decided to freeze his pay for 5 years and donate the extra moolah. See article:

"The Government will pay him his full pay, because that is how the system must work.
But for five years, he will donate the increase in his salary from this and subsequent revisions."

How noble...
I assume the donation is to charity...
Abit curious... does donating the increase means he gets tax deductions?
If it does, that's a damn big amount deducted...

Will he pay the same tax? Will he pay less tax? Will he pay more tax?

I dunno cos I don't file PM Lee's taxes - just asking only...
So please don't say I say things I never say - please don't sue me...
I confirm apply for bankruptcy one if kena sue...

Anyways, one of my 2 favorite MPs, Dr Lily Neo aka The Lao-Chio MP has decided to follow PM Lee and will donate the increase in her MP allowance to the Public Assistance recipients in her constituency. That's about $1,900 [= $13,200 (new) - $11,900 (old)]. Wah, how generous of her... See article
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
you go girl!!!

In case you're wondering, my other favorite MP is Eunice Olsen aka The Chio MP.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Yum!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Double Yum!!!

PSA: Have you filled your taxes yet? Deadline is 15th April!!!

1 Comment:

moby sky said...

eh, eunice is NMP lah...which stands for nominal, i mean, nominated member of parliment...haha. but she's definitely not nominal in terms of hotness, that i must agree.