flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men: The Last Stand sucks...

If you dunno the characters and your only introduction to them and their stories was the 1st 2 movies, this 3rd instalment delivers a pretty entertaining, action-packed time...

If you are like me and legions of fan-boys all over the world, then you will be bitterly disappointed...

Unbeknownst to many, back in my secondary school days (SJI, circa 1991 - 1993), I collected comics. Every week, after school, a bunch of us, geeky & nerdy SJI boys, would make our way to the nearest comic book shop, Comics Mart @ Serene Center, for the latest shipment of comics from the States. For that 2.5 years of my life, the Marvel Universe provided me an avenue to escape reality - the distress & pressures from school, family & puberty...

Which is probably why I take these comic-adaptated movies very seriously...

I loved the Spider-Man movies... excellent adaptations of the comics, I thought the storylines & the concepts were handled brilliantly. Hulk was ok... Didn't care for Fantastic Four, Daredevil & Elektra...

The 1st X-Men movie was ok; I thought the sequel, X2, was excellent...

So.... how exactly do I feel about X-Men: The Last Stand?
I gonna be lazy (it's 5.45am) and direct y'all to this review by Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News. Mr. Knowles' review eloquently describes my disgust and displeasure at the movie and its makers.

Sure, there were some cool parts in the movie and the action is fast and frenetic but it's just not the X-Men that I know and read about in the comics that cost my 80% of my pocket money every week back in SJI.

My only consolation is that I watched a DVDrip so I didn't pay good money for it... But wait, I wasted 2 hrs of my precious time watching that piece of shit... damn...

0 Comments: