flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Betting the Beautiful Game

Recently alot of ppl asked me the following:

Ppl: Ehh, got watch World Cup or not?
Jo: Yea, got.

Ppl: Then u got bet World Cup or not?
Jo: Nope.

Ppl: Why not? Bet lah, more fun if you bet...
Jo: ... errr, no lah, not interested...

How does betting make the beautiful game more fun?
Dunno man... It just doesn't. It adds an extra dimension to watching the game but it doesn't necessarily value-add to the enjoyment. Betting taints one's enjoyment of the football match. It makes the game ugly.

There's an article in TODAY newspaper by this dude called Cubby Leong
Here's the online version, go read
here.
The dude laments Singaporeans using the World Cup as an excuse to gamble, instead of celebrating the beautiful game. Well said & nice name, Cubby. :)

========================

Anyways, the late WC nites are killing me. I've been getting 3-4hrs sleep almost every nite. Becos of this, I tend to wake up late - missing the company bus, then have to take cab to work.

I'm not too concerned about my performance at work cos I dun do much anyways. Just that I tend to doze off while waiting for Youtube vids to load... if the Boss see not very nice lah...

Drinking Red Bull kinda keeps me & my Alt-Tab fingers alert but it's not exactly a cheap drink - $2 per can...
Add the taxi rides to work -$7 every morning...
Haven't even add snacks...
Wah seh... like dat come 9th July, I think I gonna be broke...

Hmmm... need some xtra income to offset these expenses...
Of course, there's the WC betting option, hahaha...

Jock ;)

0 Comments: