flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Saturday, October 05, 2002

Grail Update aka The Return Of The Smoke Master...

The Maxtor Interview or How I learned to stop Worrying and Smoke the Interviewer:
I finally got my groove back...beware all, the Smoke Master is back!!! I totally smoked the Maxtor manager that interviewed me.....I left the Maxtor factor feeling damn good.....It's such a nice feeling, knowing that you had actually smoked somebody and it's sweeter still becos it's a job interview...haha, it's kinda funny that just a few days ago I was lamenting to myself about how hard it is to sell myself. So how did JO find his groove back??? By blanking out his mind...I feel tat when your mind is blanked b4 the interview, you will not panic cos there's nothing to think or to worry about.....Anyways, I thought the interview went quite well, the manager lady looked quite impressed at wat i told her....so i think my chances of a 2nd round are quite high....then again, might not be so high cos she was quite concerned about my "no honours?" degree (yup, she asked me that...), the fact that I took longer than the normal 4 years to complete my degree ( I told her some cock-n-bull story bout the ME admin dept cocked up the modules and i had to do another sem etc., i think she bought it, hopefully...) and my 4th year module grades.....so academically, i suck big-time...

Infectious Spending:
Spent alot of money this week... first, i bought 2 pirated PS2 games from Tampines at 10 Sing each... that's like 2X as much if i bought a game in JB. I blame Rod for that cos he sent his PS2 for modification and now it plays pirate games!!! I too lazy to go back JB, so it's partly my fault also lah....Rod bought 6 games. Needless to say, for the past few days, I have been spending most of my time in the living-room, in front of the tv instead of in my room, in front of my comp.....Spend money on food also cos Rod is on leave, go out and eat with him...

Then yesterday, I finally met up with Joelle and she passed me the DVDs I asked her to buy for me while she was working in Hong Kong. She still look the same, i kinda expected her to gain a few pounds. Anyways the DVDs cost me 300 Sing, damn pain but at least I got wat I wanted. And then like that's not enuff, I went into borders and bought myself a novel. That's another 16 Sing gone. But it's a Neil Gaiman book so it's worth it :) For the uninformed, Neil Gaiman, the guy that created the Sandman comics, has this uncanny ability to blend fantasy and reality together in his story-telling. Dunno whether his stuffs are literary classics or not, or if there's some deep meaning behind the stories, I dun really care. I read them becos for the little moments I spent reading them, I am not living the crappy unemployed life I am in now. Just finished his Neverwhere book, quite cool story but abit short, the ending abit abrupt.

And lastly, some Random Notes:
The JB girl definitely likes Rod and he is a piece of shit, a wannabee Cassanova, a Ferry-wannabee, hahahahaha...
The lead singer of P.O.D looks like Bret "the Hitman" Hart...
If German = Korean, then French = Japanese...
Hair getting long = Getting ugly = Haircut next week...
Damn, Faith Hill is so hot...

0 Comments: