flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Thursday, September 05, 2002

Luck

Lady Luck must be smiling down on me...Went to SIR to renew my social visit pass today, it's due to end next week, conincidentally on Sept 11, the 1 year anniversary of that horrendous act of terror...Well, I wasn't very optimistic about getting the extension cos when they first issued the 6 months extended social visit pass, they told me it's a one-off deal, meaning once the 6 months is over, I cant get any more extensions, other than the normal 2 weeks social visit pass issued to any ordinary Malaysians entering Singapore...

But it was not all that smooth sailing at first, having a strong gust of wind blow the front door, slamming it into my fingers as I prepared to leave the house....ouch! Thankfully that's the only shitty thing that happened. The lady at the SIR counter wasnt very friendly at first, looked kinda like she's going thru the mid-week blues, furthermore, it was a lazy afternoon, after her lunch break and nobody can get motivated enuff to work in those situations...I explained my situation to her, telling her bout the 6 months deal, reminding it was a one-off deal but asked whether they could extend it while trying to put up a helpless, lost puppy look on my face, quite spastic....something like a Hugh Grant meets Forrest Gump kinda look....hehe...She was nice enuff to listen to my nonsense and then took my documents, to ask some higher authority bout my case. Before she left she told me, "...dun be so choosy, dun look for those high paying jobs lah..." I smiled and nodded knowingly...

After a few minutes, she came back and told me that they are going to give me an extension, another 6 months but this time it's the last time...but I need to show them a letter of rejection, as a proof of me genuinely looking for jobs and not bumming around. You must be thinkin how am I gonna show them a letter since in these times companies dun even bother to inform you of your unsuccessful application. Hahaha! Like I said, Lady Luck must be smiling down on me cos just a few days ago I received a letter of rejection from Borneo Motors, saying that they regret to imform me that they cant offer me the position but they will keep my application and should a suitable vacancy arises...blah, blah, blah...Damn heng I never throw the letter away...dunno why I kept it also, just left it lying with my commencement documents...Damn heng ahhh...

The lady told me to come back tomorrow morning around 10am and make sure I bring the letter of rejection. Needless to say, I thanked her profusely and left before she could change her mind. In all, it's a lucky break for me...Hmmm, I kinda prefer to go to SIR tomorrow in the afternoon but I guess waking up early is not that bad also.....Keeping my fingers crossed, nothing's concrete till I see my passport tomorrow...

0 Comments: