flat·u·lence 1) The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract. 2) Self-importance; pomposity.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Jogging

My secret to jogging is simple. Just get into the "zone". It's when my body starts to tune out the pain and fatigue, fully submitting its functions to the mind. The mind clears and you can really focus on stuff. In this state, running long distances gets much easier. Or sometimes I just take it easy and focus my mind on sorting out my messed up life as I get my sweat on.

Here's what I hate about jogging:
Imagine you're in the "zone". Suddenly you're interrupted by heavy breathing and footsteps. It's as though the person is right behind you, not unlike being tailgated...

yup, an overtake is being initiated...

Your mind will go into overdrive - should I run faster? should I pull back and let the runner pass? is the runner gonna come from my left? or my right? before you can make a decision:


BOOM!

You just got overtaken...

Hope you like the view cos that stinky ass is all you gonna see for awhile...

Last week I got overtaken by a girl wearing a raffles PE tshirt.
I was like WTF!? As I look on at the sweaty raffles word on the back of her shirt bobbing up and down, I decided she's not gonna get away.

The idea was simple: follow closely, keeping pace with her and when she's tiring out, I'll pull a slipstream overtaking maneuver on her...

1km later, she was still going strong but I had problems keeping up. Then she must have noticed me cos all of a sudden, she sped up and left me gasping for air, feeling like shit. Unable to put the thought of her overtaking me out of my mind, I never regained my "zone" again. 30mins later, during the warm-down, i decided that run was my worst run ever...

So this evening's run, I kept an eye out for that girl again, ready to exact sweet revenge on her rafflesian ass. No such luck. I guess she didn't have the guts to turn up...

However I did have another overtaking encounter...
instead of some young punk rafflesian, I got overtaken by a 50-ish year old uncle. Challenge from an uncle!? Ballsy but dumb... After last week's humiliation and the disappointment of not being able to exact my vengeance, I was pumped.

I was pretty near the sprint portion of my route so I decided to wait it out first then sprint the hell out but I didn't even get to the sprint zone: the uncle couldn't even last 100m... WTF!? Can't run then don't keh-kiang la... panting in the middle of the path, damn malu...

I gave him smirk as I jogged past him... what a dumbass!

****************************************


I made a new fren last week while I was warming down after the run.
She came out from the shadows, meowed at me and started rubbing herself around my legs.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
meow
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
meow meow
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
meow meow meow
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Try aiming to hit the Wall next. Apparently, it comes around the 25km mark.

Wanna run marathon?

Jo said...

marathon cannot la...
at least not yet...

let me hit 12km per session 1st...

Anonymous said...

rubbish. if you are running 10km each session, you can start training for the marathon already.

check out the recommended training schedule at this site (which is actually much more than what i did). you'd notice that the regular runs are 3 to 6 miles in the first 8 weeks. which is less than what you are currently doing. and your long run doesn't reach 12km until say the 4th week. so you're already there!

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/Mar00novice.htm

(you can take this schedule and tweak it a notch down. i personally think it's crazy to run 20 miles to train for a 26 mile run. the longest i ran before my marathon was 20km only.)

plus, along the way, you can sign up for the 2nd link run or the sheares bridge run and you can run your first half marathon for practice.

marathon is in december. you have more than 18 weeks to train. c'mon!

Anonymous said...

rubbish. if you are running 10km each session, you can start training for the marathon already.

check out the recommended training schedule at this site (which is actually much more than what i did). you'd notice that the regular runs are 3 to 6 miles in the first 8 weeks. which is less than what you are currently doing. and your long run doesn't reach 12km until say the 4th week. so you're already there!

http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/Mar00novice.htm

(you can take this schedule and tweak it a notch down. i personally think it's crazy to run 20 miles to train for a 26 mile run. the longest i ran before my marathon was 20km only.)

plus, along the way, you can sign up for the 2nd link run or the sheares bridge run and you can run your first half marathon for practice.

marathon is in december. you have more than 18 weeks to train. c'mon!

Anonymous said...

aiyah why so ego... overtake then overtake lor... must be you purposely run behind the girl one. haha..or she purposely 'let you try to catch up' but was playing you all along...

you like rite...

moby sky said...

your camera also sweats when you run is it? the picture looks more like a rat than anything else...haha. or just get a new phone lah.