"I am your Otosan"
Lucasfilms has teamed up with Japan's Yoshitoku Company to create this awesome Samurai Vader armor. According to this news article from starwars.com, the armor is made especially for the Japanese festival of Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day).
"The Force is strong with this one"
The kabuto (helmet) with bow and sword will cost about 180,000 yen (about US$1,500), while the full ensemble including the yoroi (armor), kabuto, bow, and sword will cost 330,000 yen (about US$2,700). Available only in Japan. Ouch!
Did u know that Star Wars was heavily influenced by Akira Kurosawa's 1958 classic The Hidden Fortress? Dun believe me? Go JB, buy the DVD lah... They sell the Criterion Collection version somemore ok...
There's loads of stuff George Lucas borrowed from that movie & from the Japanese culture to make his space movies. Yup, the same movies that made him a Gazillionaire & a GOD to geeks all around the world...
- Jedi Code = Bushido, the way of the warrior. A code of conduct at which samurais in feudal Japan were required to observe
- Princess Leia = Princess Yukohime. The last remaining royalty struggling to stay alive & rebuild her clan
- R2-D2 & C-3PO = Tahei & Matakishi. The inept & idiotic pair of peasants that accompanied Princess Yukohime
- Obi-Wan Kenobi = General Rokurota Makabe. The wise general assigned to protect Princess Yukohime
- A Jedi's lightsaber = A samurai's Katana
- Darth Vader helmet = A samurai's Kabuto & Menpo (face mask)
"Don't underestimate the Force"